Wednesday 14 January 2015

Jordan aiming for second BTCC title


2013 BTCC champion Andrew Jordan is hoping to reclaim the driver's championship this season, after an unsuccessful defence which eventually saw Colin Turkington take the crown for the second time in his career.

Jordan, who has recently signed for defending manufacturer's champions MG/Triple Eight, is looking forward to the challenge, saying "I'm really excited, it's a change, something different and sometimes you need a change and new motivations so I'm really excited to get going".

Despite taking the manufacturer title last season, the MG run by Triple Eight Race Engineering was not the car to beat, with the West Surrey Racing BMW 125i's dominating for the majority of the season and helping Turkington to his driver's title and also WSR's team crown, and Jordan knows that it'll still be a tough ask this season to win the title. "It's only going to be small gains going from the Honda to the MG but that car was very good last year so I think we'll be a strong package together which excites me, but equally I think we can probably improve the car a little bit in areas.

"I've not had chance to drive the car yet as we're still waiting on some bits for the car but I think we'll be out on track at the start of February, I think the plan is to try and get out within the first or second week of February".

With Jordan being in one of the front running cars for this season, he has made his objectives for 2015 clear. "I've got to try and win the championship back" he said, "I won it in 2013 and lost it last year so I want to get it back and I'll be working hard to do that".

It will be interesting to see how quickly Jordan adapts to the MG after three seasons behind the wheel of a Dynamics built Honda Civic, and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest over the course of the season to see if he can match his title ambitions.

Written and interviewed by Alan Faulkner
Photo Credit: Alan Faulkner
  

No comments:

Post a Comment