Wednesday 1 April 2015

Hamilton: "A dream come true"

BTCC rookie Nic Hamilton has hailed his drive for next season as a "dream come true", and is eager to get behind the wheel of his AmD Tuning Audi S3.

The 23-year-old, who has previously raced in the Renault Clio Cup and the ETCC, will enter the BTCC later on in the series at Croft, but is excited about the year ahead:

"It's been a long time coming - six months ago we never thought that it'd be possible but after a lot of determination and struggle we're finally here.

"We raced in the Clio Cup in 2011 and 2012, and obviously going into the BTCC now is going to be quite difficult; I don't have a lot of experience compared to the people that I'm going to be racing against, some drivers have been in here 10 years, and been racing for 20 years - I've only been racing two years, three max so I've got a lot to learn. I haven't been in the car yet for two years so it's going to be difficult, but it's also going to be interesting, and being on the package before has taught me a lot, and taught me what I've needed to know really in terms of the basics so we'll see where we end up with that".

With Nic being the first disabled driver to compete in the BTCC, he admits there are no real expectations going into this season, and is hoping to use 2015 as a development year.

"I have no idea how the Audi's going to get on, I don't know how fast we're going to be or how fast I'm going to be so there's no expectation at all this year. We'll just use it as a development programme, develop me as a driver, as a person and we'll see where we end up really with no stress. I'm just going to take it as it comes, be relaxed, be calm and learn as fast as possible and develop myself".

Written and interviewed by  Alan Faulkner
Photo Credit: Phil Laughton Photography

   

No comments:

Post a Comment